Thursday, February 28, 2013

shhhhh.....


What do you think about silence, quiet, alone?  Does it make you happy, uncomfortable, bored?
I love silence, perhaps because I'm an introvert.  Perhaps it's because I have two darling daughters who have  a lot to say.  Perhaps there's an even deeper reason than that.

We've been reading about the life of Lincoln, a book called Lincoln Grows Up by Carl Sandburg.  I didn't realize that Lincoln lived in silence a lot.  It had a lot to do with who he became.  He had the chance to linger on lofty thoughts.  It strengthened his character.  It wasn't an option.

" And so {Lincoln} grew.  Silence found him; he met silence.  In the making of him as he was, the element of silence was immense." 
 Lincoln Grows Up by Carl Sandburg



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I will now be responding to your comments right here in the comment section. Thank you for taking the time to tell me how you feel!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...