Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Calling All Local Talent

This is fresh talent, folks. Unformed, under aged, budding talent. The kind of talent that asks every couple of days if they can set up there little table out at the end of the driveway to sell their masterpieces.

Here's a big shout out to the Los Osos Public Library's 1st Anuual Kids Craft Fair. This event will take place on August 1st, 2009 from 10:30-12:30. Registration packets are available now at the Los Osos library, and are due by July 15th. Here's a few of the specifics:

*must be 13years old or younger
*all items must be handmade
*all items must sell for $4.00 or less
*you bring your own table, chairs, displays, etc.
*must have parent present
*this event will take place on the lawn in front of the library
*there's no fee to enter, and you keep all the money you make


Last summer, while visiting my family in Bellingham, Washington, my girls participated in Bellingham's 40th annual kids craft fair. Do you know what that means? The parents of these kids were in this same lawn selling their own crafts when they were kids! I was SO amazed at this event. There were probably 50 to 60 booths boasting crafts of all kinds. These kids were talented! Our girls had an assortment of bookmarks, earrings, and bean bags. Some of my other favorites were home spun yarn, balloon characitures, jewelry of all kinds, a novel, italian sodas, candy sushi rolls, cat toys..... I knew I wouldn't rest until I was able to offer something like this to our community. Because Bellingham's event took place at their library, that's the first place I went. Our head librarian took this project under his wing with as much enthusiasm that I had. I can only hope that one day we will have Los Osos's 40th annual kids craft fair! Come join us!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Em, that's pretty cool that you got the ball rolling on this. Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go em! dream come true, eh?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I will now be responding to your comments right here in the comment section. Thank you for taking the time to tell me how you feel!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...