Tuesday, October 15, 2013

crafting with kids

Kids love to craft.  They love to draw, glue, paint, cut, and all the rest.  I totally love it too.  And I love watching kids get excited at what they can make.  Teaching crafting is so different than teaching math.  In math there is definitely a right answer.  In crafting the only right answer is, "I love this".  At least that's my goal when I craft with kids.


The other day we had some friends come make some god's eyes with us.  Do you remember making those at summer camp?  We had a fun time, and everyone enjoyed the process, and the product. Success!


After crafting with my own girls on a regular basis, and teaching sewing, knitting, and crochet in a classroom setting, I've developed a few survival skills for crafting with kids. Go check them out over at Krystina's blog, Lollipops.

1 comment:

I love getting comments! I will now be responding to your comments right here in the comment section. Thank you for taking the time to tell me how you feel!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...