Friday, January 27, 2012

button craft



This Friday in sewing class the kids are going to do some button work. They just love buttons! Why is that? When I get to the button sewing part in whatever project I'm working on, I'm usually not that eager. But these kids could sew buttons all day long.



What I have them do is draw an outline shape onto their felt, and then fill it in with buttons to "color" their picture. This craft very much reminds me of one of my favorite Queen Bee Market vendors,Audra from Smitten. She makes some beautiful button art, along with restoring great vintage items.



It's also a great way to use up that huge can of buttons you have in the cupboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I will now be responding to your comments right here in the comment section. Thank you for taking the time to tell me how you feel!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...