Friday, September 30, 2011

word game addictions


We have a tradition in our family that the women play scrabble when we get together. Well, we actually play long distance now too, online. I might even be addicted to these word games. I now have a morning ritual with my oldest daughter, Ruby. She's 9, and old enough to start an addiction of her own.

We play bananagrams in the morning with our tea. We have needed to alter the rules a bit, to make the game more fun for her. In the beginning she didn't need to link her words together. Now, she is not obligated to "pick" when I am ready to. Not every word she comes up with is spelled right, or even a real word, but she keeps coming back for more. I think I've got her hooked.

Are you passing on any addictions to your children? Did your mom pass on any to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I will now be responding to your comments right here in the comment section. Thank you for taking the time to tell me how you feel!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...