Wednesday, July 28, 2010

evolution

One of my favorite parts of sewing the same item, many times over, is watching that item evolve. I figure out how to streamline production, how to adjust the fit, how to change the silhouette, and how to make it even cuter.

The Tie Dress started out simple, with just a ruffle at the bottom for punch.

It has now evolved into an even more flattering, vibrant, summer gown. I've kept the basic idea, added an extra ruffle across the chest, and made the waistline an empire.

The Blue Corduroy Elves are busy beginning new designs that are already excited to undergo an evolution of their own.

2 comments:

  1. sistah---love the tie dress!!! also love the photos of your sweeties modeling said dresses!!!! all is beautiful.....xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I will now be responding to your comments right here in the comment section. Thank you for taking the time to tell me how you feel!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...